Trying to Get to the Airport?
Traveling can be very exciting, but driving to the airport can be a real hassle. There are many people who do not like the idea of leaving their car in an airport parking lot for extended lengths of time. Doing so can feel like you are leaving your vehicle exposed, which can distract you from your travels.
Luckily, there are plenty of ways to get yourself to an airport without leaving your car exposed to the world.
• Friends or Family Members – This is one of the more common methods for people to get to an airport. By having a loved one take you, you do not need to leave your car in a parking lot, and you do not have to drive yourself. However, it does pose the problem of needing a friend or family member to give up a part of their day to help you out, which can be a big deal the farther away you live from the airport.
• Taxi, Lyft, or Uber – This is another way you can get to the airport without driving. Some people are against these methods because they cost a little extra, but they make your trip that much easier. By using a driving service like these, you can avoid the headache of driving through airport traffic and will not need to interrupt a loved one’s already busy schedule.
• Shuttle Bus – There are many companies out there that have shuttle busses to take people to airports. Hotels often have busses to take their clients to the local airport. Some companies even specialize in driving people to the airport. You simply book your seat for when you want to leave, drive to a designated location, and board the bus there. Then the bus will take you to the airport.
• Public Transport – Some cities have buses or even trains that will take you to the airport. This method can be a lot cheaper than hiring a cab, or other driving service, but it does have its drawbacks. You will need to work within the bus or train schedule, which might be inconveniently timed compared to your flight, and it is not as private as taking a cab.
• One Way Car Rental – If you would still prefer to drive yourself, but do not want to leave your car in a parking lot, you can always get a rental car. Many rental companies now offer one way rentals, meaning you pick a car up from one of their locations, and then drive it to their location near the airport. After that, the company will have its own shuttle bus to take you to the airport free of charge. All you have to pay for is the rental of the car itself.
• Limo Service – If you want to arrive at the airport in still, you could always hire a limo service. This would be a lot like hiring a taxi, Uber, or Lyft, but much fancier.