28 Apr You’ll Be Shocked To Find Out How Expensive A DUI Can Be In California
Driving under the influence is dangerous. The chances of getting into an accident and getting arrested increase, yet many people risk that anyway. But, what most do not realize is the financial cost this could be. You’ll be surprised at how expensive the average first-time DUI conviction can be in California:
• Increase in car insurance – $40,000. Surprised at the cost? This is the cost over a few year period; you will have to file your proof of financial responsibility with the court for a minimum of 3 years, and this is where the increased cost comes.
• Bail – $15,000. This cost is lowered significantly to only 10% when paying for bail via a bail bond.
• Fines and attorney fees – $4,000. Of course, having an attorney is always optional – but it is much wiser to have one represent you and help you with your case.
• Towing and storage of vehicle – $685. When you are arrested, your car is impounded. Plus, the longer it is kept, the more you will need to pay.
• DUI classes – $650. The cost for your DUI course, which you are now required to complete.
• Reinstatement of driver’s license – $100. Licenses are suspended following a DUI. Once this suspension period is over you may get your license back with a fee.
Total cost = $45,435. Remember, this is just the average cost for a first-time offense. You will certainly pay more for every conviction after (but we hope that you learned your lesson the first time!) Now after knowing the cost, you might want to think twice on ordering another $12 drink at the bar.
To help reduce your costs of DUI, contact Menifee Bail Bond Store at 951-684-4484. We make paying for bail more affordable and easier. Plus, there is no interest and no hidden fees. Contact us now!
Menifee Bail Bond Store provide all of our clients with fast, courteous and confidential service for all of our clients. Menifee Bail Bond Store has been a family-owned company since our founding in 1987. We understand how important your friends and family members are to you and will work tirelessly until they have been released.
Menifee Bail Bond Store bail agents are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week so we can always offer you help. No matter where in California your loved one has been incarcerated you can count on an Menifee Bail Bond Store bail agents to be there for you. We will help you rescue your loved one from their terrifying experience.